Wednesday, May 6, 2009

friends

ever since i was a little girl,
since i was five, but close to six years old,
i have had four special friends
four friends who have never let me down
four friends who can always pick me up when i need a laugh
and, thanks to modern technology,
four friends who can always be there for me with the touch of a button!

as i look back on my relationship with them,
i wonder why my parents let me be friends with them
but then i realize, they were friends with them too!

but now, as our relationship continues
i am so thankful that i know these four ladies

rose, sophia, dorothy and blanche
thank you for being a friend!
i love their stories,
their sarcasm,
their singing,
their dreams,
i just love them!!!!!

so you can imagine, yesterday, i was so excited, as i always am, when i most favorite episode came on!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE when sophia sings....

god bless that sicilian woman!

8 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Hilarious!

Randi Troxell said...

oooh i loved this!! sometimes i come home from work... and hubby is soooo watching the golden girls... but if you ever meet him, dont dare tell on me for telling! lol!!!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Oh my goodness! I almost died laughing when I realized that you were talking about the Golden Girls. It wasn't until I saw the YouTube box that I realized you weren't talking about your neighbors or childhood amigas.

Now, I can't seem to get that theme song out of my head. :)

-Francesca

lov said...

oh randi,
your husband and i could be bff then! :)

and francesca....
they are my real life friends, aren't their yours?!?!

Allison Bernauer said...

I love love love the Golden Girls. I always watched it with my grandmama and everytime it come on I think of her and smile. It is the funniest show ever!!!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

OMGosh too flipping funny, thank you needed that ;)

Danielle Bridgers Banks said...

I am also a fan of the Golden Girls. I remember watching it when I was little with my Granny. It's funny how I understand their sarcasm and sexual innuendos now and I didn't have a clue what they were talking about when i was young!

Anonymous said...

My husband revealed a deep, dark secret to me recently.

He loves this show too!

Now I can watch it in front of him and not have him think I'm crazy coz I absolutely love this show!