Saturday, February 14, 2009

songs and love

before flake and i were....
us
we realized we loved listening to the same types of music....
:) just one more reason i thought....he was such a great friend for me! :)

one morning i realized that everytime i heard a certian song....
(a song that i had heard with flake, and talked with flake about, many times....)
i would think of flake
i didn't think too much of it at first,
but in the back of my mind,
i figured god was trying to tell me something....
on the day i put two and two together....
i decided to think about the words in this song by sister hazel

these words.....
got me thinking....
Finally I figured out
But it took a long, long time
But now there's a turnabout
Maybe 'cause I'm trying
There's been times, I'm so confused
All my roads, They lead to you
I just can't turn and walk away

it was not long after that day
that flake and i became
us --the dating us
and i never thought that another song
would make me smile and think of him
like the way that all for you did

until one day when i heard another sister hazel song
by this point
flake and i had already talked about
how we felt....
we knew that we did and said things....
with the other's best interest in mind
so the first time i heard .... this song
i was blown away....by the fact that
not only did i smile a bigger smile and think of flake more,
but i felt 10 times happier .... because my thoughts were now into words....
i knew that was exactly how i felt about flake

when it came time to talk about our wedding...
i sent my daddy a link to that same song....
i wanted him to hear it,
i wanted everone to hear it,
i wanted everyone to know and understand the way i felt about my dear sweet flake...
when my daddy replied, i never expected to think of that song....in any other way, except as the song that described how i felt about flake....
my daddy thought that not only was it a beautiful song about human love
but even better
it described the love that god gives us
the love that no matter what is there,
the love that we dream about,
the love that is bigger than us,
the love that keeps people going,
the love that can and continues to move mountains,
the love that leaves us all without doubt,
the love that fills us, when we most need it,
the love that is unmistakable,
the love that we can't get enough of

so now, each and every time i hear this kind of love
i smile an even bigger smile than i did the first time i heard it
and i thank god
again
for his love
and for the love of my family
and for sure, the love of flake!

happy valentine's day!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I love how music can fill us with emotion and memories. Love this post.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Happy Valentines Day! I do love this post, and the song and your wedding CD! :)

Kristen said...

What a great post! Music is wonderful!
Hope you guys had a great Valentine's Day!

Randi Troxell said...

wonderful post... and JAM is right... so often music can put into words what our voice cant! happy monday!

Danielle Bridgers Banks said...

So Sweet!!!