Tuesday, July 21, 2009

the wandering man

as you know, LF and i went on a little trip
to visit one of my most favorite people

LF and i met robin at her store on thursday
where LF got to meet the newest serta sheep

(and yes, we brought a little 3/8 home too!)

after robin got off work, the three of us headed to her house,
where we played phase 10

as you can tell, brad found the entire game excitingly WILD
and thought that it was time to skip LF when his turn came.


i personally felt that wasn't fair,
so i decided to let LF play with their dogs

but when i realized that the dogs wanted to eat LF,
i decided against their play date
and put LF in the chair beside me

which made me feel a lot better than the alternative,
but ..... after i found this

i felt a lot better about the fact that the dogs were drooling over LF.

over the next few days,
LF spent most of his time relaxing
and doing some sightseeing

he found some sunflowers


went to one of my favorite restaurants


did some shopping


and spent time supporting a friend

LF was really excited that robin and i were
running (aka walking) the road race
so he helped us celebrate with a cookout

and more phase 10 with friends!

on the way back home,
LF and i stopped by to see my nina
where LF got one of the best hugs a boy could ask for

and got to spend some time with one of the sweetest girls i know


ahh.....i love this woman.....and LF isn't bad either!


what could be better than time with a great friend
getting to see the best nina in the world
it could only have been better if the real flake had been on the trip with me!

i apologize for the comment absence,
but LF and i are off again to visit the b farr's
and then off to see the 3 m's

and then i'm leaving LF to spend some time with the 3 m's
while i go to see the real flake!
woo hoo!! :)

12 comments:

Lizzie said...

those are hilarious pictures!!!!! have fun :)

Kristina P. said...

I love it! I am participating in something in october where I have to take a little mascot around places in my city. You did a great job!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

That's almost more fun than a flake can take! ;)

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!!!

phyzz said...

What a traveler you and LF are; I love ALL your stops. Glad you collected bunches of hugs! Enjoy time w/the REAL Flake. lov u...

Randi Troxell said...

you are just so cute... have fun and be safe on your travels!!!

Wendi said...

Hilarious!
The fact that you remembered to take all those photos with LF is impressive.
I have a hard time with the remembering to do anything these days.

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious!!!! Oh man, I love it.

One time my hubby and I went to NYC and the girl I nanny for begged me to bring her stuffed animal cat along so we took pictures of that cat everywhere. It was pretty fun!

Leslie said...

I'm feeling a little jealous. A cereal box is leading a more exciting life than I am!!!

rachaelgking said...

That is freaking hilarious. I may have to do something similar on my next road trip, but how to find something more random than Corn Flakes?? :-)

Kristina P. said...

OK, you can stop wandering and come back now!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Holy crap! You are redefining funny with this post.

And like Kristina said, what happened to you? Did you fall into the great cereal abyss? :)

You are missed!

-Francesca